Sign in to follow this  
medhassu

Mapping the Values in to Buffer

Hai Associates, I have been working on the retrieving text data from the XML string. I am using tinyxml_2_3_3 parser.I have used the following APIs to get the data void Load() { TiXmlDocument Doc; Doc.Parse(your_string); RecurseTree(&Doc); } void RecurseTree(TiXmlNode *pNode) { printf("%s\n", pNode->Value()); TiXmlNode *Child = pNode->FirstChild(); for(; Child; Child = pNode->IterateChildren(Child)) RecurseTree(Child); } By using it i am able to print the contents of the string. But i should have to copy the values from pNode->Value() in to a single buffer which should be returned to calling function. The following is my XML string. <rx-event> <topic>Mgmt</topic> <subtopic>645268923afce</subtopic> <context>PubSubComm-3</context> <params> <rx-status>ok</rx-status> <column1>Hello</column1> <column2>412</column2> <column3>Welcome to</column3> <column4>India</column4> </params> </rx-event> I have to copy all values in to a buffer from which i should be able to retrieve all the values one by one later. Please suggest any solution for it. I am working in C++ platform. [Edited by - medhassu on May 25, 2006 3:29:58 AM]

You need to change your recursion to detect the elements that you care about:

// pseudocode
void RecurseTree(TiXmlNode *pNode, std::vector<std::string> *stuff_you_care_about)
{
if (pNode->Type()==TiXmlNode::ELEMENT)
{
ParseElement(pNode->ToElement(), stuff_you_care_about);
}

TiXmlNode *Child = pNode->FirstChild();
for(; Child; Child = pNode->IterateChildren(Child))
RecurseTree(Child, stuff_you_care_about);
}

ParseElement(TiXmlElement *pElement, std::vector<std::string> *stuff_you_care_about)
{
if (pElement->Value()==value_tag_i_care_about)
{
stuff_you_care_about(pElement->FirstChild()->AsText()->Value());
}
}

Or something like that

Hope this helps