Can't find ddraw.h & other DirectX headers

Started by
2 comments, last by ViLiO 17 years, 11 months ago
I installed the DirectX SDK or whatever it is for Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. I try to build an example program from a book I have and it can't find the ddraw.h file. Ive looked at other posts and have googled my problem, but all I can find is: "check to make sure your directories are correct". I've done that. Many, many times and there are all right. Any insight?
Cheers,Ken(Koolchamp)_____________________________"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius"If you don't have a game industry job and you want to go to E3, do what everyone else does. Launch a game review website and call yourself press." - Mike McShaffry(This is true for me) “…..I'm a geek and jocks are my natural enemy.” – Li C. Kuo
Advertisement
Can you find the file ddraw.h itself in the SDK directory (where you installed the SDK to)? It ought to be placed in the folder "<SDK-Path>/Include".

If it is there, check your directory settings. Make sure you selected the "Path for include files" before adding the include folder. The entry of the path has to be the topmost.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

I know where all the header files are. And VC++ seems to be looking in the right directory: C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft DirectX SDK (April 2006)\Include.
Cheers,Ken(Koolchamp)_____________________________"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius"If you don't have a game industry job and you want to go to E3, do what everyone else does. Launch a game review website and call yourself press." - Mike McShaffry(This is true for me) “…..I'm a geek and jocks are my natural enemy.” – Li C. Kuo
Quote:Original post by Koolchamp
I know where all the header files are. And VC++ seems to be looking in the right directory: C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft DirectX SDK (April 2006)\Include.

Is that "ProgramFiles" or "Program Files"? (note the space) [wink]

All the best,
ViLiO
Richard 'ViLiO' Thomasv.net | Twitter | YouTube

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement