Vista driver now available

Started by
7 comments, last by cody 17 years, 10 months ago
Walk, don't run, to the NVIDIA driver download page for the first public release of an OpenGL ICD for Windows Vista Beta 2. Please consult the release notes for hardware compatibility before attemping to install these drivers. To set your expectations, this is a preview driver for porting and compatibility testing. On many apps, performance will be below Windows XP on equivalent hardware. Performance will improve in future releases. Some applications will not work correctly under Vista without modification. In particular, any application which mixes GDI rendering and OpenGL rendering within a single window will render incorrectly. In addition, applications which render to the front buffer but never call Flush() or Finish() should not be surprised that the pixels never appear on screen. These limitations are related to the new window manager architecture and are unlikely to change. OpenGL acceleration is disabled when dualview is enabled. This is an OS limitation in the beta and should be corrected in a future release. Happy porting. :-)
Advertisement
This is good news for all those NV devs out there, so good infact I'm gonna sticky it! [grin]
Quote:Original post by phantom
This is good news for all those NV devs out there, so good infact I'm gonna sticky it! [grin]

While you're at it, you might want to add the magic keyword "NVidia" in the title... [lol]
Just so it's possible to deduce *which* driver is available for Vista.
I thought everyone here uses NVIDIA cards... [grin]
Quote:Original post by gold
I thought everyone here uses NVIDIA cards... [grin]

Besides what other driver would it be?

I am curious where that word comes from in the first place, i am the driver of my computer not some piece of software?
----------------------------

http://djoubert.co.uk
It's the bit of software that *drives* a piece of hardware. :)
I use ATi. And I think I'm about the only person on the board that does :P
nope, I'm an ATI monkey as well... and they also have a Vista Beta 2 driver out, however I can't comment on what the OpenGL is like on it [smile]
does this really work? or are there limitations that are not mentioned?
are all extensions available?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement