Tank Shooter Demo

Started by
5 comments, last by Yorvik 23 years, 2 months ago
ok, im bored, so im posting a demo of one of my current projects. its a clone of a classic amiga game Scorched Tanks (which itself was a clone, but i dont know what it copied from ) using openGL. its basically my first opengl mini-game... http://www.yorvik.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/files/stanx2demo.zip quik list of features: - text file based particle system (see *.emi files in emitters subdir). - text file based menu system (see *.mnu files in menus subdir or load menueditor.exe and select a menu...). - large selection of weapons & shields. its been in develpoment for about a month. bugs/performance reports would be appreciated. hint: when a game has begun, click the GIVE ALL button in top right of screen for all weapons & shields. this is for testing mainly, but i left it in so you could see all the weaps.
Advertisement
oh, before i forget, the level textures are quite large (ie > 256x256), so if you have a voodoo card, you will probably not be able to run the demo.

my machine has a GeForce, and is the only machine i have tested on.
Hey man.. The demo is cool. Great effects with the weapons. I got a steady 60fps with a GeForce 256 on a P3 800. Keep up the good work. Are you going to implement damage to the terrain like the original one? It was always cool to shoot through the terrain and come out the other side and hit them.

-- Shaggy
Maybe the game you were thinking of is Scorched Earth? (for the PC)

I tried your game..its great! The sounds are awesome and I love the tanks'' explosions. I like the way your menus are represented as text files too.
I have a GeForce 2 GTS on a Celeron-375 and I''m getting a steady 140fps (the refresh rate of my monitor in that video mode).

Keep it up!

..Dr J..

quote:
Are you going to implement damage to the terrain like the original one? It was always cool to shoot through the terrain and come out the other side and hit them.

definately! actually, the code is there, but i disabled it for the demo because it is still buggy
FPS never drops below refresh rate - nice!

btw. love the text-file based particle system!
I like the menus idea!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement