Full Sail

Started by
4 comments, last by GameDev.net 17 years, 10 months ago
How much does it cost to attend Full Sail and should you already have a degree in C++? I know C++ but have no degree. I get along pretty good but am thinking of going to the local university. At age 29 would I be stupid to go to university and Full Sail or should I do it anyways if I can afford it? Jack
Advertisement
All the prices you can find on their website
http://www.fullsail.com
------------Something useful could be written here...
from what i've heard from people throughout the industry is that fullsail/digipen degrees are not considered to be as good as university degrees, though obviously its reviewed on a case by case basis.

tried to look at the fullsail website, but its like a GIANT FLASH ANIMATION...seriously everything was animated or a video...am i the only person who hates that?

also at the end of the video here:
http://www.fullsail.com/flash/index.cfm?degree=game-development
the guy does say that you dont leave with a 'published credit', though they do have a game that they worked on as part of a team.

anyone who has ever worked on a group project knows how easy it is for a few people to slack off and for the overall project to still be really good. employers know this as well.

personally i would advise going to an actual university and graduating with a BS/c in something, that way you have something to show for 4 years of education.
Thanks for the post. I may go get my computer science degree first but I would still love to attend Full Sail. And you still get a bachelor degree there as well. And I have a buddy who lives in Orlando who told me EA sports moved there headquarters there just because of Full Sail. Just for recruiting so I'm not sure if this is true what you heard or are stating. But thanks for the posts guys.

Jack
Don't believe everything your buddy says.

The EA headquarters is actually located in Redwood Shores, California.

EA Tiburon IS in fact located in Florida (Not exactly sure if it's in Orlando...).
I just checked and Tiburon IS in fact in Orlando.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement