[.net] MDX fullscreen

Started by
4 comments, last by RipTorn 17 years, 10 months ago
hi, im having problems getting my mdx c# app to run in fullscreen... windowed is fine, could anyone please post a tiny example of a fullscreen setup? thanks
Advertisement
What's wrong with the SDK samples? Also, why not just post your code so we can see what you're doing?

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Generally a fullscreen app can be made by setting a few fields in the PresentParameters of your app. Namely, set windowed to false and BackBufferWidth/BackBufferHeight to the desired resolution you want your app to run at. Hope that helps.

-AJ
V/R,-AJThere are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't...
U235's reply covers what you need, but be aware that the backbuffer width & height have to be supported by your adapter. You can obtain the current desktop resolution for this through System.Windows.Forms.Screen.Primary.Bounds.

Also check this recent thread for more info and pitfalls.
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
Using controls as a render target? I think you need to switch render targets to an actual window when swicthing to fullscreen if you're using a panel, picturebox or such as a render target in windowed mode. Kept me busy for a while.
you will also need to disable the window border of your Form when going to full screen (set the FormBorderstyle to None)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement