Sign in to follow this  

Error LNK2028 when trying to complie DX stuff

This topic is 4225 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm a newbie to direct x, and just got the DX SDK. Trying to complie the SDK'S samples and the book's ones the complier returns a lot of errors that look like this:
3DIntro.obj : error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A00005D) "extern "C" unsigned short __stdcall RegisterClassExA(struct tagWNDCLASSEXA const *)" (?RegisterClassExA@@$$J14YGGPBUtagWNDCLASSEXA@@@Z) referenced in function "extern "C" int __stdcall WinMain(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HINSTANCE__ *,char *,int)" (?WinMain@@$$J216YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z)
How can i fix this stuff?

RegisterClassEx() is a regular Win32 call - nothing directly related to DirectX.

At a guess you've not got the Platform SDK configured or installed. But without any details on which versions of the SDK's (both DX and Platform) or the IDE/Compiler name (you're not using Visual C++ 6 are you? [grin]) it's difficult to say any more.

As a side note about your book's sample code - make sure you use the SDK that came with the book. Books move slower than the DX SDK's - we get a lot of threads (although I dont think yours is) where people download the latest SDK and find it explodes when compiling sample code from a book...

hth
Jack

This topic is 4225 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.