Sign in to follow this  

[MDX] Camera rotation woes

This topic is 4220 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This problem is hard to explain, but I will try my best. I'm using a camera based on the one presented in "Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9.0" by Frank D. Luna. I don't have the code on me right now, but hopefully someone here is familiar with it. The land based camera option works smooth as silk, but on the aircraft camera option I'm some weird results. If I start out and only move forward/backward and turn left/right it works fine. When I start pitching though if I don't return to a 0 pitch angle when I turn left or right, I need to roll some to make it look not all screwed up. I was hoping someone could help me figure a way to find out just how much I need to roll to get it back to not all screwed up view. That explanation sucked, but it's best i can do without code or screenshots. Thanks for any help. -AJ

I had the same problem (sounds like it anyway). With the aircraft type, the camera is yawing on it's own Y axis and not the world Y axis. This is exactly what an aircraft type should do. I wanted my camera to yaw on the world Y axis, similar to the FPS type. So, I just made a mixture of the two allowing me to have a flying fps camera.

This topic is 4220 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.