Stupid programs

Started by
22 comments, last by null_pointer 23 years, 2 months ago
quote:
Opera is kind of a mixed bag - some pages load really fast and others (like some of the forum pages) take minutes to load. My connection is slow but both IE and Netscape load some pages faster - strange, huh? Opera probably uses a different caching mechanism, so I''ll use it for a while longer before deciding whether or not I''ll keep it.

That''s odd, I haven''t had any problems with any pages loading slower in Opera.

quote:
Actually, that would have to be because you are in the same region as their server.

Yeah, Opera is from Norway... But actually I think the site is hosted somewhere in America, it''s hosted by Earthlink.
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Advertisement
I don''t like M$, but I can''t live wihout their software !

I''ve seen tons of IDEs, but I think they all suck compared to VC++ ! I can''t imagine using something different !

There is also NO replacement for the MSDN libary.

Another OS than Windows 2000 !? I can''t imagine living with Linux or MacOS !

Using the ''net without Internet Explorer and Outlook ? Oh my god !

Coding ASP pages without Visual InterDev ! Never !

Playing games without my MS ForceFeedback ???

I depend so much on M$, I can''t imagine living without them ;-) In my opinion, NOBODY offers products that could replace my daily tools !

I would love to have a choice, dammit...

Tim

--------------------------
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
Tim--------------------------glvelocity.gamedev.netwww.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
wrenhal:

First, the "browse in a separate process" option does keep any Explorer window from crashing any other Explorer window, whether you are browsing on the 'Net or looking in My Documents. I know because I had them crash separately during the PowerTweak fiasco (don't ask) and because my dad's computer crashes frequently for some unknown reason, which is somehow tied to his AGP video card.

Second, FrontPage 98 Express version 2.02.1131 produces standard HTML without all the XML junk. Other versions of the same software (that look almost identical) produce XML like Word 2000.

Edited by - null_pointer on February 14, 2001 3:05:23 PM
I have both Netscape 4.76 and 6.01 and of course IE 5.5 but except from browsing MSDN do I always use one browser from Netscape. IE is a pretty good program with fewer bugs that Netscape but some things I do all the time is much faster and convenient in NetScape:

- Entering keywords with Ctrl+L or Ctrl+O works excellent with Netscape but I gave up then IE tried to start a program from the HD.

- Filling in username/passwords. N6 does that perfect and I just have to press enter to confirm in IE is it more annoying.

- Sometimes do I listen to music while surfing this is just a Ctrl+7 select channel in Netscape.

- Spell checking is only available in Netscape.

The above is the main reasons I use Netscape perhaps could I configure IE better but I really like the Netscape browser.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement