Could someone email me ddraw.lib please?

Started by
3 comments, last by WoolyUK 23 years, 2 months ago
Hi everyone! Could someone email me ddraw.lib from DX7 to a.wooly@cableinet.co.uk please? because I''ve just got version 8 sdk but the ddraw.lib doesnt work with VC4, and I''ve been told the one from earlier versions works! I dont have any earlier versions of the SDK as i''m a newbie! Please help me! hehe Thanks alot! Adam
Advertisement
Ok, I have done, let me know if it doesn''t arrive. Also you might want to un-check read-only, since I copied it straight from the CD.

You can get Visual C++ 6 - standard version for £80, and the standard upgrade version for about £40. The pro version is £390, and the pro upgrade is £190.

The upgrade versions ''supposedly'' need a previous version installed (which you have anyway) but in reality they don''t at all. It says on the box the product ''may'' check for a previous version, but in about 5 installs of my pro upgrade onto a clean install of Win98, it''s never complained once about there being no previous version installed.
Thanks for the file!

Im still getting loads of errors from something tho lol, but at least I''ve elimanted that possibility now. Hmmmmm...

I get errors when I try to compile most examples for anything I see online, even just windows api programming.

Maybe I DO need to invest in VC 6.....
List the errors here and maybe someone will know how to fix them.

Stuff to check-
-make sure you''ve included all the libs you need in the project
-check the paths for the libs and include files in the options, and put the directx paths at the top of the list
-have you got the line #define INITGUID before you #include ddraw.h?

If none of that works, then it might be something to do with having VC4. Dunno for sure though.
If you need any more DX7 files the entire SDK is at

http://therabbithole.redback.inficad.com

in the "Tricks of the Game Programming Newbies." You can browse the entire CD and download just what you want or download the whole SDK minus documentation and samples.

Where you set the directories to look in for includes and libs make sure the DX ones are listed first. And where you list libs to include in your project make sure your DX ones are listed first.

Should take care of it.

Ben

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement