The Great GDNet Beer Exchange

Started by
55 comments, last by CpMan 17 years, 10 months ago
For those of you who are like me, too lazy to send stuff, perhaps we can just share some photos of what beers we're drinking (that we'd recommend). So here's what I'm drinking as I type this:

Theakston's Old Peculier, ready to be poured.

Ah, a beer as dark as my heart. The glass came with a bottle of Rudolph's Revenge, a beer produced by local brewery Cropton's at Christmas.

I enjoy my ales but sadly I'm not enough of a connoisseur to describe it very well. It's very nice though! I'm sure Jack and Oli will know it well and vouch for its yumminess.
Advertisement
Goddamn you Europeans with your tasty beer. Anyone wanna trade me for a Bud Light?
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
Goddamn you Europeans with your tasty beer. Anyone wanna trade me for a Bud Light?

Swap you a dog turd in a plastic bag. Limited time offer, though - that's one heck of a generous deal.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

We have good beer here, just not macrobrewed. The only macrobrewed beer I like is Sam Adams.

I am not sure I would enjoy many ales anymore. I dont like beer with sweet flavors usually. I used to, but just one beer managed to make me hate sweet flavors. It was a Tommyknockers beer based on maple syrup [sick]. I can still imagine the taste. It was one of 2 beers that was too nasty to finish drinking. The other one was guiness in a bottle. The stuff on tap is great, but the bottled stuff is just terrible. Not nearly as bad as the maple crap though.

I am not sure how to describe beer, but perhaps I drink mostly dry beer with strong hops. I think.
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
Quote:Original post by Witchcraven

We have good beer here, just not macrobrewed. The only macrobrewed beer I like is Sam Adams.

I am not sure I would enjoy many ales anymore. I dont like beer with sweet flavors usually. I used to, but just one beer managed to make me hate sweet flavors. It was a Tommyknockers beer based on maple syrup [sick]. I can still imagine the taste. It was one of 2 beers that was too nasty to finish drinking. The other one was guiness in a bottle. The stuff on tap is great, but the bottled stuff is just terrible. Not nearly as bad as the maple crap though.

I am not sure how to describe beer, but perhaps I drink mostly dry beer with strong hops. I think.

Sweet beer? Good God. No thanks, I'm a pretty much exclusive ale drinker (I occasionally have a pint of cold lager if it's really hot), and I'll never drink a sweet pint. I've only come across a few particularly sweet beers, and those are all 7+ %Abv.
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
While I too have tried - and been generally unimpressed with - honey beers and the like, I do have a certain fondness for Belgian fruit beers.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote:erhaps we can just share some photos of what beers we're drinking (that we'd recommend)
Yay - an excuse to see what quality my new camera phone is:

Sadly I'm not drinking these right now, I drank them weekend before last [grin] Doubt anyone outside the UK will know of Threshers, but they've usually got good deals on 4-for-£5 with decent beers. Thus £10 for the above photo.

From the left...

Wadworth's 6X - was local down in Hampshire where I lived/worked last year. Not an amazingly distinctive beer, but an all-round pleasing drink.

Marston's Burton Bitter - Again, nothing hugely special in my book

Adnams' The Bitter (used to be branded SSB I think) - one of my all time favourites. Went on holiday to Southwold last year (where its brewed) and spent the vast majority of the time drinking the various Adnams'. Good times. From the bottle its good, but nothing on the quality you'll get at a decent local.

Shepherd Neame's Spitfire - Another good all-rounder, whilst I enjoy it I find its fairly hit-or-miss with other people. Got a bit of the marmite effect it seems.

Badger's First Gold - A new one to me (well, as of last weekend - I've since polished off another 3 bottles of the stuff). Extremely nice - my new current favourite.

Fursty Ferret - Gotta love the story about the name (Ferrets drinking beer... whatever next [oh]) and its a decent pint as well.

Your turn(s) [smile]

Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

While I don't have a picture of it, I would have to say that my favourite beer would be Alexander Keith's.

Though I will say that I enjoy a good dark beer. I always keep a couple Guiness in the fridge.
--Ter'Lenth
There's a little brewery in my home town that makes a product called "Coors Light". Anyone interested in trying one?
Quote:Original post by Witchcraven
[It was one of 2 beers that was too nasty to finish drinking. The other one was guiness in a bottle. The stuff on tap is great, but the bottled stuff is just terrible. Not nearly as bad as the maple crap though.

One thing to keep in mind is that there are two types of bottled Guinness available in the US. One, in the tall black and tan bottles, IMHO compares surprisingly well to Guinness on tap. The other, in the shorter gold-labeled bottles, tastes exceedingly bad. It's very strange... it's like they asked a bunch of non-Guinness fans what they didn't like about Guinness, then made a beer that exemplified those qualities.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement