• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

B3D... again

This topic is 4345 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a B3D file with two textures and a lightmap. What is the best way to convert it. Deled only loads an instance of the file so It is still the same file, and my engine doesn't support B3D.

Advertisement
I don't think I am completely sure what you mean there. What exactly do you want to convert it to? And what do you mean by "DeleD only loads an instance of the file"?

If the lightmap is stored as a texture layer (and not as vertex lighting), DeleD will correctly import the file. You can then export it to, for example, a DMF file and read that into your engine. Irrlicht, for example, has full DMF support. You can also export to an other file format supporting lightmaps (like the Ogre file format), or roll your own.

The B3D format, by the way, is pretty much open and documented. If you want to load B3D directly into your engine, that's always an option.

When DeleD loads a B3D file the result file has "C:\path\file.b3d" rather than the mesh data itself. The program then has to reload the file at load time. So importing to DeleD achives nothing. I was contemplating making my own B3D loader and have a simple framework. Idealy though I would like to be able to put it into Blender, its easier for later additions, and exporting and I don't have to modify the engine.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement