• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
lordofthesword_8

Wont Install

This topic is 4560 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have donwloaded the dx sdk from the microsoft site twice, and both times, it fails to install. I get to the first step after the license agreement, the extraction. 3 bars slowly fill. Then it starts all over again!!! Does anyone know why? Please help, Mike

Advertisement
Don't triple post! It's useless, it gets deleted, it makes you look worse, and it's bad!

Delete them quickly! Edit two others and click the delete box.

Anyways, what's your connection?

Really sorry. I tiple clicked on the submit button by mistake. DOH! Whats the point in a triple post consecutivly anyway?

I have Bt Up to 8 meg. I dont think this is problem, as I repeated the download. Maybe I should try it with IE rather than the BT browser?

Mike

Maybe Firefox? I've found that Firefox seems to solve most of the problems I have downloading, if not all. Limewire is also pretty good, but many of the files randomly get mest up, so it gets annoying. In other words, try using Firefox to download the program.

Try finding a "directx.log" file on your machine (I forget where it gets placed) - fingers crossed it also includes SDK as well as runtime related errors.

Oh, and obvious thing - you do meet the minimum requirements, right? You need Windows XP or above (NOT Win9x or Win2000). I've not got it to hand, but also double-check you have enough HDD space - it might be trying to install and running out of space?

hth
Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!