• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matrix Rotation and Concatenation

This topic is 6215 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

While trying to create a world matrix, I can set it with a rotation matrix along any of the 3 axis or a combination of the 2 but whenever I add a 3rd axis, the primitive gets distorted and does things that are physically not possible. Any help would be appreciated. Etran1

Advertisement
hi,
well i there is a high possibility that u arent normalizing the three vectors (that represent the 3 axis).

if u r already doing this, then try to give me more details on what u r doing and that what is happening and probably, i can help u out

output ur objects matrix and just put it up if possible.

Later,

Raptor

I doubt this is what is happening but you may also be running into the Gimbal Lock problem.

Essentially, the gimbal lock problem only occurs when allowing rotation around all three axises. It does not occur when rotating around only 2 axises thats why i think it might be the gimbal lock.

However, since your primitive is actually being distorted, i''m a little bit suspicious that it is the gimbal lock problem. . .

would using the function D3DXMatrixRotationYawPitchRoll() solve this problem?

Brett Lynnes
cheez_keeper@hotmial.com
"To Err is human. To turn it into a SysErr CoreDump() is divine." -from the department of repetition dept.

I''ve fixed it. The problem was that my matrix multiplying function(I''m writting my own utility function) wasn''t safe when one of the matrices sent to be multiplied was also the recipient of the multiplied matrices.

Etran1

• Advertisement