• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Extrakun

VS Express 2005 vs. VS 2003 -- can both of them co-exist?

This topic is 4380 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, A couple of years ago, I got the Student Edition of Visual Studio .NET. I have been putting off upgrading, as well, I am not a full-fledge developer and all that. Is there any point for me to go on to VS.NET Express 2005? Can I still code DirectX applications? Can I have both my VS.NET 2003 and VS.NET Express at the same time? Sorry for so many questions.

Advertisement
yep. the beta versions don't mix well sometimes but it's ok with the full release versions of 2003 and 2005.

Yes, I've had 2003 Pro, 2005 EE and 2005 Pro all co-existing happily. Just be warned that your projects, once upgraded to 2005, will be useless in 2003 from then on. So segregate your projects to one IDE or the other.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!