• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jad_salloum

is there a bug in RenderToTexture with 1024 x 1024 ???

This topic is 4522 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi guys i am using render to texture and the texture width and hieght is 1024 x 1024 mip levels =0 , format.A8R8G8B8 , and pool.default and i am drawing an image on it but the problem is that instead of blending the 2 images , the new created texture shows half of both images but when i change the width and hight of the render texture to 512 x 512 everything goes okay and no problems occur !!!!! anybody knows what is this problem i am facing ??? is it a bug in RenderToTexture ??? thanks in advance check this image , this is what i can see on my screen , half image with 1024x1024 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Advertisement
I dont think there is a bug in Direct3D - I've used similar (and higher) render targets before with no problems.

Check with the debug runtimes and reference rasterizer - that will determine whether you've hit a driver problem (unlikely) or your application is incorrect.

What hardware are you using, and are you sure it allows for a 1024x1024 texture? The fact that dropping back to 512x512 works suggests that it might not...

Jack

thanks jolly for ur reply my pc is hp pavilion 3.0 Ghz with 256 VGA Card Radeon X600 and 2.0 GB Ram i think it should hold 1024x1024 resolution , but i tried on anoter pc with 128 Nvidia card 1GB RAM it worked :) , but u know that i am storing a sequence of images when i run my application u will see the upper picture as half but when i play the sequence the pictures display good only the first image appear damaged so i tried to change the picture with another to see if it is from the 1st pic but same problem happened .

any suggestions ??

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!