Intellisense and boost::shared_ptr

Started by
3 comments, last by bluntman 17 years, 10 months ago
I am using VC++2005 EE with the Boost library and I can't get Intellisense to work with shared_ptr. I have tried adding the shared_ptr.hpp and shared_ptr_nmt.hpp files to my project as I found suggested in a Google search on the subject, but that didn't help (also the suggestion was aimed at VS2003 users). I also found this thread but it didn't help any, and was also relating at VS2003 not 2005. Does anyone have a way to make Intellisense parse through the operator->() and operator*() functions properly to make it work? Thanks! P.S. I also get no Intellisense popup for the shared_ptr object itself which seems strange.
Advertisement
It works for me, however I've had lots of problems with intellisense aswell. Usually it has been due to bad includes and naming etc.
See if you can get it working in a clean project with one file just including shared_ptr.hpp

I'm sorry if this isn't very helpful, but my knowlegde on this is very limited.

EDIT: And yes, I'm also running the 2005 Express Edition, same as yours [smile]
Best regards, Omid
It works for me (well, as well as any other intellisense) on VS 2005 EE.

Try deleting the .ncb file for your project/solution (close the IDE, delete the file, and reopen the IDE).

C++ is really nasty to parse, and "simple" errors can hose the intellisense database (the ncb file).
yeah, sometimes intellisense conks out and you have to clean everything up b(VC++ 2005 pro here)

make sure you do "save all" with no syntax errors so intellisense can parse through everything again.
Yeah it just started working after I saved, closed VS and reloaded. Hmmpf... hope I don't have to do that everytime I use a new class :/
Thanks for replies.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement