Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
compugeekpro

MP3 playing program...A few errors

This topic is 4525 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hello, I am working on a program that utilizes both direct sound and directshow (for mp3's). I am having the following errors: G:/Program Files/Microsoft Platform SDK/Include/strmif.h:20569: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token G:/Program Files/Microsoft Platform SDK/Include/strmif.h:20569: error: expected `,' or `;' before '(' token G:/Program Files/Microsoft Platform SDK/Include/strmif.h:28965: error: declaration of `GUID tagVMRGUID::GUID' G:/Program Files/CodeBlocks/include/winnt.h:1351: error: changes meaning of `GUID' from `typedef struct _GUID GUID' I have the include directories for CodeBlocks w/MinGW compiler and also for the Direct X and Windows Platform SDK include directories. Because there were multiple definition errors, I moved the header files in the Platform SDK that were conflicting with the CodeBlocks header files to another directory. I have narrowed it down to these four errors, which I believe have to do with the fact that Visual C++ header files aren't compatible with MinGW header files without editing. I need to know what to edit...if anyone has any idea, I'd appreciate a response. The first two error messages I have traced to EXTERN_GUID(classid) where EXTERN_GUID is unrecognized. -Sean-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Okay, got rid of the last two errors. It seems that the tagVMRGUID structure was using non-standard coding and causing errors. I found the fix here: http://home.clara.net/raoulgough/vidmodem/dshow.html ... as well as some other code fixes. Now I just have the first two errors which have to do with defining EXTERN_GUID.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well...guess I don't need any help after all! I got the last two errors out of the way by defining EXTERN_GUID as so:

define EXTERN_GUID (itf,l1,s1,s2,c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6,c7,c8) (backslash) EXTERN_C static const IID itf = {l1,s1,s2,{c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,c6,c7,c8} }

As found at the end of this file: http://lxr-itec.uni-klu.ac.at/vitooki/source/3rdparty/xvidcore-1.1.0-beta2/dshow/dxpatch/dx90sdk-update-gcc.patch

The other errors I encountered were from attaching the AMD64 lib instead of just the 32 bit libs...oops! Well...I got the code that I've written so far to compile, just need to add the rest of it in order to play the mp3 file. Good luck to those who are also trying something like this with MinGW!

-Sean-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!