Game Tutorials CD

Started by
3 comments, last by Erty 17 years, 10 months ago
I'm intrigued. Has anyone used this? http://www.gametutorials.com/gtstore/pc-35-6-gametutorials-cd.aspx
Advertisement
i'd be intrigued if it was free, but sadly it isnt.

I'll stick with the NeHe tutorials :-)
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
I have. Nothing fantastic and you could probably find pretty much all topics on the net for free. I don't regret the purchase however as the fact that you've paid for it goes some way in making you more likely to read through all the topic and for me that little extra push was well worth 50 dollars.
The game tutorials stuff wasn't up to much in the first place (back when it was free) and I get the impression that they havn't really expanded on it much after making it pay-for. A good book would be a better investment.
It's nothing spectacular but it's a whole lot better than NeHe. Most of the stuff are things you can easily find elsewhere but the model- and quake3 bsp loaders are very nice. If you got the money I say go for it (and perhaps pick up a book to go with it aswell, tutorials don't explain much about a certain subject, just how you use it), if not it's not a big loss. Just don't think you can learn all you need to know just off of the CD, you'll still need plenty of other resources.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement