• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.ase texture coordinates...

This topic is 6212 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How can I convert the texture data of an .ase file? It´s not the same structure, which is used in the vertex/face stuff. I have to save the data in an VB in D3D8. So I must have specific texture coordinates for each vertex in my VB. Or are there any other ways in D3D8 to display meshes (not VB/IB)....

Advertisement
Aren´t there any people with the same problem? How can I get the right texture coordinates for a D3D8 VB out of an .ase file? Please help me...

Guest Anonymous Poster
ok people - help us. I also have the same problem.

Ok, here you go:

the first part of an Mesh deals with the geometry... It shows how many faces there are and so on...

I guess you know how to load the geometry so for the texture koords do this:

load all of the *MESH_TVERT into an array (I guess the first 2 koordinates are the u and v... the last one (w) is usually not used.

then, you load all the *MESH_TFACE (you can also loop through your geometry faces) then u assign the values.
each MESH_TFACE has 3 values (and an index at the beginning). each of the 3 numbers are indices to MESH_TVERT s. So get the indexnr for the first vertex and assign the Texturekoordinate of this index to it.. redo that for the other 2 vertices....

and that''s all ,
sounds kinda confusing, sorry for that, if you''ve got any further questions, just e-mail me.

cya,
Phil

Visit Rarebyte!
and no!, there are NO kangaroos in Austria (I got this questions a few times over in the states

Guest Anonymous Poster
The w IS used, and that''s where my problem lies... And i don''t know how to get a U,V from an U,V,W. But thanks anyway for at least trying.

I have vertices in my VertexBuffer with more than one texture coordinate set because the vertex is used in more than one face. I am using the Vertex/IndexBuffer structure of D3D8...
How can I set the texture coordinates in this case? Aren´t there any guys who had this problem, too?

• Advertisement