• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
davba367

nearPlane cutting!

This topic is 4515 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I'm doing a visualization of volumetric light. Basically, I render back- and front depthmaps from a glutSolidCone and tests with some raycasting if I'm inside the the depthmap values. Anyway, the problem is that I cant rotate the cone towards myself. As the picture shows, the cone seems to be cutted by the NearPlane? I would like rotate the cone so that the light is blended towards the user! light cones get chopped by nearplane! I set my gluPerspective as: gluPerspective( 45,ratio,3,9 ); and my gluLookAt as: gluLookAt(0.0, 2.0, 5.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0,0.0); I've laborated with the gluPerspective parameters, but without success...Has anyone any ideas? Would be grateful for answers! /David

Advertisement
Have you tried changing the 3:
Quote:
Original post by davba367
gluPerspective( 45,ratio,3,9 );

To a 0.01, or anything smaller?
Quote:
Original post by davba367
gluPerspective( 45,ratio,0.01,9 );

If the problem is, in fact, the near clip, this should fix it, or at least help to alleviate it. Otherwise, I do not know.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!