• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SiS-Shadowman

missing lib? *fixed*

This topic is 4430 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

there's something strange. i'm rewriting my 3dsmax plugin to let it export to my own format ( just like xml, but it's not the same ) i have my reasons why i don't use the standart xml output plugin, so please don't come up with that argument :) i'm now using msvc 2005 and i downloaded freexporter to be able to export meshes ( i don't posses the background information to write everything for the plugin on my own ) however, when i want to compile it, i get errors, that my compiler can't find any of these functions: sqrt, fabs ( from the 3dsmax sdk header files ) and many others like log1, log101, modfl, sinl from cmath ( msvc 2005 header file ). since these are all mathematical functions ( i don't know everyone, but they all seem to be some ^^ ) i assume that my project needs an aditional library included. but i can't find the right one. i just imported the old vc 6.0 project ( wich is my old plugin ) and rewrote it. i included tinyxml, wich can't be compiled with any older versions of vc :( perhaps anyone of you knows wich lib this could be? [Edited by - SiS-Shadowman on May 31, 2006 7:15:07 AM]

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by SiS-Shadowman
perhaps anyone of you knows wich lib this could be?

The C runtime library. Can't remember what the name is in VC8 off the top of my head.

Rather than importing the VC6 project data, have you considered creating a fresh one in VC8 and manually adding the source files?

haven't done that yet *rolleyes*

i'll have to set all the project settings new, thats not so easy since i don't know what this plugin sets or not ^^

i'll first search in the net the name of this lib, perhaps i'll find it. but i consider creating a new project as well.

[Edited by - SiS-Shadowman on May 30, 2006 1:03:30 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!