• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

SuperTetris - My second game!

This topic is 4248 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi just wanted to put out the second game I ever made, it's a tetris clone nothing to fancy but im proud of it. It has 3 different themes to choose from, different backgrounds, music, and sound FX. I used C plus plus w/ allegro api. You can download it here. controls are simple: Up - rotates piece Down - moves down one spot left/right - moves piece space - rapidly moves the piece down. ESC - pauses game Source files are included. Check it out and give me some feed back. Thanks [Edited by - Breander on May 31, 2006 1:03:37 AM]

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by twoaterisn

works very nicely. congrats! :)

maybe you should make it possible to hold the "down" key.

Thanks!

About the down key that was a design decision because I had to write a couple lines of code to stop the user from being able to hold the key down. The way I had it set up, the game runs so fast the if you could hold down the key the piece would zap down to the bottom almost instantly. I felt it was unnecessary to write/change alot of my code to allow the piece to move down at a faster pace but not to fast.

But if you use the space key then you can have the piece zap down to the bottom for faster game play. Just make sure you line your piece up right :) It's very fast.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement