• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Jinhua

Exporting Bone Info in Maxsdk

This topic is 4459 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm currently trying to export bone information from 3ds Max using their newer IGame***** set of interfaces. I'm currently at the part where I'm getting the bone information from the IGameSkin, but I'm at a loss as to how that information is connected to the vertices on the mesh. Case in point, through the skin I can get the number of vertices affected by the modifier, but that's about it. There is no access to a pointer or Point3 specifying the actual vertex modified. I then thought that the indices of the skinned vertices list corresponded to the same indices on the mesh itself, but the number of skinned vertices is only 1/4 of the total number of vertices, leaving me at a loss as to how to determine which vertices on the mesh are affected by a bone. If anybody has experience exporting bones, weights and animations using maxsdk, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!