• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jagguy

testapp

This topic is 4575 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi I wanted a simple as possible file to explain how to load a animated mesh and found this one here, unless you know of a simpler one, does anyone know why it won't compile. I have included the mfc classes it uses in the include directory http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article2079.asp animation with directx .x files (gamedev article2079.asp) // File: "Main.cpp" // // Author: Jason Jurecka // // Creation Date: June 5, 2003 It gets error like 'CAllocateHierarchy cannot instantiate abstract class Unless it can be easily fixed, does anyone know of another simple animated mesh to learn how to? [Edited by - jagguy on May 31, 2006 4:59:39 AM]

Advertisement
Don't know of another sample, and haven't seen this one before, but I wanted to comment that adding a link to the sample would be helpful for people who think of helping you. The more work someone needs to do in order to get a clue of what you're talking about, the less they're likely to help you.

The reason it won't compile is that the interface has changed just a little from the SDK it was originally compiled with.

I got it to compile, but it doesn't show anything when run. I don't have time to debug it now.

Okay, I fixed the sample to compile with the latest SDK. It didn't show anything because I didn't load a model. :) I also fixed a minor buffer overrun. You can download it here.

i dowloaded the file and loaded it dsw 'convert from vc++ 2003' then add the directx in linker options, the program fails to compile

zip..2079 file
c:\c++ downloads\xfile\cmodel.cpp(45) : error C2259: 'CAllocateHierarchy' : cannot instantiate

oir the other zip .dsw file has linker error mfc..lib. I didn't include this in diretories but I will check wit you first

i dowloaded the file and loaded it dsw 'convert from vc++ 2003' then add the directx in linker options, the program fails to compile

zip..2079 file
c:\c++ downloads\xfile\cmodel.cpp(45) : error C2259: 'CAllocateHierarchy' : cannot instantiate

oir the other file has linker error mfc..lib. I didn't include this in diretories but I will check wit you first

I just tried to convert the VS6 workspace into VS.NET 2003, and the program compiled fine. It may be that you're using a different SDK, that's not compatible with either the one the original sample compiled with or the one I use. I'm using the April 2006 SDK (the latest). What are you using?

On the other hand I don't understand how you're getting a linker error if you don't manage to compile.

Quote:
Original post by ET3D
I just tried to convert the VS6 workspace into VS.NET 2003, and the program compiled fine. It may be that you're using a different SDK, that's not compatible with either the one the original sample compiled with or the one I use. I'm using the April 2006 SDK (the latest). What are you using?

On the other hand I don't understand how you're getting a linker error if you don't manage to compile.

i am using the April 2006 SDK (the latest). You had 2 zip files, I take it the one you modified was the ..2079 one(I tried both). I added the directx files in the properties and thats all I did.

if you got it to work then there must be some simple thing i am doing wrong

No, I didn't modify the GameDev.net article. I have no access to that. Use the link in my reply to download the zip file. It's called XAnimation.zip.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!