• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

GLSL & GL_FLOAT & FBO

This topic is 4253 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to get floating point textures working in conjunction with FBO's and GLSL. My FBO works fine for regular textures, but i'm getting nothing when binding to a floating point texture. I'm trying to implement depth of field, by rendering the scene depth from the camera's point of view into a floating point texture, as described in the following paper - clicky And then in the fragment shader, convert the normalised depth value (z) to object space (Z) ... Z = (near*far)/(far-z*(far-near)) But for some reason this doesn't seem to work... I read somewhere that in GLSL ifyou don't want to do a depth comparison on a depth texture, you have to bind it with sampler2DProj, and read it with texture2DProj. Well, I've tried that, and it doesn't work either. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
post code Please... as for depth comparisons that only applies to GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT textures. And that correct idea for depth comparisons with the samplers is to use shadow samplers with textures that have the GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT parameter for any given texture object. Now if you want to use a depth texture with out comparisons you need to

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_COMPARE_MODE_ARB, GL_NONE);

when you setup your texture object. Also you may be using your FBO incorrectly. So code would be helpful to everyone who could help you. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement