• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
zootroy

Disabe Textures in GLSL

This topic is 4577 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am writing a shader to do per fragment lighting. Everything is working well except that I can't turn textures off. App Code: glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); glTexEnvf(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE); glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture.TexName()); DrawTorus(...); glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); DrawTorus(...); When rendering with the fixed pipe, I get a textured torus and a torus with the previously defined material. in my shader, I get two textured tori. I tried adding the line glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0); before my second torus call, but my shader spit out a black torus. here is the code in my fragment shader, ala Rost: // calculate diffuse with multiple lights diffuse *= texture2D(Tex, gl_TexCoord[0].st); I would like to query the current state from my shader to determine if 2D textures are enabled. Any ideas? TIA J

Advertisement
You should be able to query the state of the FF setup in a shader, but I forget the exact syntax (and I havn't got my orange book on me). However you might want to look at this.

glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D); + disable are ignored with glsl, ie u cant enable or disable texture units (if u dont wanna use one then dont access it)

Quote:
I would like to query the current state from my shader to determine if 2D textures are enabled.

u will have to pass this info to the shader yourself as a uniform

I too faced with the same problem of accessing texture state in the shader. For the time being i'm using uniforms for that purpose.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!