• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
xhackx

which language should I choose?

This topic is 4431 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am a beginer .And I want to design games.But I don't know which language should I choose? Please give a little advice? Thank you!

Advertisement
yeah! Thank you!
I saw it.
But I want to know which language is better in developing a game.Java?VC++ or Delphi?

Quote:
Original post by xhackx
yeah! Thank you!
I saw it.
But I want to know which language is better in developing a game.Java?VC++ or Delphi?

Choose the language you are comfortable with. I think Visual Basic.NET has pretty simple syntax and that the C++ syntax is a little harder. Delphi and Visual Basic.NET is pretty alike but I like Visual Basic.NET better.
Java doesn't seem so bad either, and it has loooads of information on the subject. I have a hard time finding a game programming book for Visual Basic.NET that isn't low rated.

Quote:
Quote from Forum FAQ
The infamous "this" vs. "that" threads are considered flame bait. If you're debating between OpenGL and DirectX or C vs. C++, please try to refrain from creating "which one should I choose" or "which one is better" threads. These threads usually turn into an argument and rarely lead to any kind of conclusion. The best way to find out if something is right for you, is to try it for yourself or at the very least, spend some time researching the pros and cons.

Read it. Understand it. Follow it.

Python is good for beginners because it doesn't need too much earlier knowledge about anything to get started with it. And it is dead easy to use while still being a really good high level language.

...And there's lots of libraries for it, so you shouldn't end up into place where you must create your own foreign function interface to toy with graphics programming, and therefore not having requirement to know C before you can use it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!