• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bsdpowa

OpenGL Cannot run opengl app

This topic is 4551 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

#include <windows.h>
#include <gl/gl.h>
#include <gl/glu.h>
#include <gl/glut.h>

void RenderScene()
{
	glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
	glFlush();
}

void SetupRC()
{
	glClearColor(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
}

void main()
{
	glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_SINGLE | GLUT_RGB);
	glutCreateWindow("Simepl");
	glutDisplayFunc(RenderScene);
	SetupRC();
	glutMainLoop();
}
I have the latest GLUT libs and dlls, VC++ and OpenGL files.The code compiles just fine but when trying to run the app I get an error "File ipl.dll not found".I didn't have such problems before (months ago while I was working with OGL) but I can't compile any opengl based app now.I've searched that file on the net and I couldn't find it and I don't know what's the problem.

Advertisement
If I comment the MainLoop line I still get the same error.

[Edited by - bsdpowa on May 31, 2006 1:58:45 PM]

ipl.dll appears to be part of the OS. What revision of Windows are you running? Have you scanned your hard-drive for viruses/spyware?

I have Windows XP with no viruses.What I just figured out is that this error occurs when trying to run a GLUT app, other OpenGL based apps work with no problems at all.I tried with older versions of GLUT and I downloaded the latest one and the error is still there.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!