• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
philipphenkel

Unity thread pool for boost

This topic is 4518 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I came across the thread "Thread pools and exception handling" which is about programming a thread pool for boost. You might be interested in a general solution that can be extendend easily to fulfill special requirements (like exception callbacks, etc.): threadpool. It is very small library built on top of the boost libs. The pool's core is reduced to the minimum to provide a light-weight and flexible system. Documentation and examples are available. http://threadpool.sourceforge.net Of course, threadpool is free software. [cool] I would be happy about comments on the pool or discussions on what can be improved. Best regards, Philipp

Advertisement
May be SourceForge had a problem. Both Doc and Src downloads are working now. Please try again :-)

BTW The documentation is online at http://threadpool.sourceforge.net

Bah -- I suspect my problem is a downloaded the source and it contained what looked like a docs supdirectory (the docs attached to the source has an index.html that doesn't work).

Yes, you downloaded the wrong file.

threadpool-0_1_8-doc.zip contains the generated documentation (complete website).

threadpool-0_1_8-src.zip contains the source files for threadpool and documentation. I'm using doxygen as you can see by opening the Makefile.

Best regards,
Philipp

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!