• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
fpsgamer

Visual Studio 2007, C++ Compilation.

This topic is 4555 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My application builds and exectutes fine from inside the IDE, but I would like to produce a "published" executable. I thought I could just go into the debug directory and grab the exe but the program just crashes (even though it builds and runs from inside the IDE).

Advertisement
As it turns out I forgot that I was loading external files into the application. So as soon as thoes were in the same relative directory as the exe things went back to normal :D.

So this thread doesnt go to waste, I was wondering what the "proper" way is to produce a release build.

Also you will want to know about some compatability with your code you produce from 20003.

if you do provide 3rd party library files to other people, or clients who have visual studio 6.0 you will have to recompile you application in visual studio 6.0 for them. The reason for this is the new lib files produced from visual studio 2003 add extra meta data into the lib files. So when your client or friend goes to link your code from 2003 into visual c++ 6.0 it will come up with a linking error.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!