• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Calling TANSTAAFL!! Need help re FOSDL src

This topic is 4248 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Dear TANSTAAFL, I'm trying to get a handle on your SDL framework code and CPoint seems to be broken. Here's the build output when I try to compile CPoint.cpp using gcc on gentoo linux: Cpmpiling file: Point.cpp... g++ -Wall -g -c "Point.cpp" -o "Point.o" Point.cpp: In function `CPoint operator*(int,CPoint&)': Point.cpp:243: error: no matching function call to `CPoint::CPoint(CPoint)' Point.cpp:12: note: candidates are: CPoint::CPoint(CPoint&) Point.cpp:6: note: CPoint::CPoint(int, int) So...it seems something is amiss with the constructors for CPoint. Are you aware of this? Is there updated src available for FOSDL? Btw...I get the same error on Windows using VC++ 2005 Express. Also 2003 .NET and DevC++ too. Appreciate a nudge in the right direction. It's hard enough to get a grip on C++ without having to deal with example code that doesn't "example". <grin> Regards, grofaz

Advertisement
I haven't the slightest clue of what FOSDL is, but:

CPoint(CPoint&);
// should be
CPointer(const CPoint&);

Quote:
Original post by agi_shi
I haven't the slightest clue of what FOSDL is, but:

CPoint(CPoint&);
// should be
CPointer(const CPoint&);

FOSDL is TANSTAAFL's book "Focus on SDL."