• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] Help Me Debug My Website

This topic is 4255 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have worked for about one week getting my site designed and set up using Visual Studio 2005 (http://vrok.co.nr). It looks and runs fine under Internet Explorer 6, but when I run it using Firefox it looks like a mess. Just for your information, I am designing this site around Microsoft's ASP.NET technology included in Visual Studio 2005. I am trying to figure out what is the problem in the way I coordinated the layout, but I cannot figure anything out. While designing the website I decided to mostly use the absolute positioning feature and masterpages, so I do not know if this contributed to my problem. I am stuck, I need some help/advice in getting my site to work in other browers besides IE 6. Help would be appreciated since I am more of an application programmer than I am a web designer. -Thanks (Posted Screenies for your convenience) IE 6: Mozilla Firefox (latest version):

Advertisement
Why do you need to absolutely position these elements? Normal flow can create this design. And yes, I believe absolute positioning is causing this.

The problem could be that the tables have absolute widths, and some of them are wider than 100% of their container (I think). It's very difficult to debug because the document structure is totally obscured; there's style definitions for every element and hard-formatting with non-breaking-space and line breaks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement