• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

cel shading & painter

This topic is 4280 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i don't understand my shader. i've read some cel shadinh tutorials and articles and i think i now understand how it works. i've tried to rewrite the code from the direct x 8 tutorial from gamedev (< href="http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article2021.asp">here) because i'm using hlsl. i didn't use the asm code, but the description. i've got a simple shader atm, wich simulates diffuse lighting: // PixelShader: return tex2D(SkinSampler, Tex0) * Hemi; // Hemi ist just the dot product n.L // both vectors were normalized before and the result gets clamped to [0, 1] this kind of lighting works perfect and i didn't encounter any problems. but when i tried this one, the lighting wasn't correct any longer: float2 Tex1; Tex1.x = Hemi.x; Tex1.y = 0.0f; return tex2D(SkinSampler, Tex0) * tex2D(PaintSampler, Tex1); i used tex2D because i haven't used tex1D yet, but i tried both and the result was the same. here you can see screens: ( diffuse | quanterized | quanterized ) *edit* here is the image used for it: [Edited by - SiS-Shadowman on June 1, 2006 12:23:29 AM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement