Simple D3D Hook Not working with Half Life 2 or Counter Strike

Started by
1 comment, last by Smit 17 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I downloaded and tried this simple d3d hook from this link on this forum: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=359794&PageSize=25&WhichPage=1 Now, I am trying to write a d3d hack for hl2, so I figured that that sample would help. Although, I managed to get the d3d hook to work for the Vertices.exe sample and the Egyption Addiction demo game, I have not gotten the d3d hook to work for Half Life 2 or Counter Strike source. Assuming some of you have Counter Strike source or Half Life 2, could any of you compile the d3d hook and see if it works for them. Also, when I run Launcher.exe, does anyone know what program or dll file to type in as the second argument when trying to use this program on half life 2 or counter strike source. In other words, am I the only one who cannot get the program to work with hl2 or css? Or, did you manage to get the program to work with half life 2 or css?
Advertisement

I guess that you won't get too much help on writing a hack on a popular online game, even if the purpose is simply academic.

Considering all the effort to prevent cheating in HL2 or CS:S, I think that there is some method for detecting a simple D3D hook.

I think that it would be even unwise to test this hooking with CS:S as your might get banned ;)
Search the VAC section of steampowered. I posted a thread about DirectX hooking for Source and got some interesting replies, I just can't find it now.

I also emailed Valve, they say hooking is perfecting fine and won't be detected by VAC unless it's doing something naughty. Drawing a clock or chat app over the game is fine.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement