• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Manic_Gamer

Which engine to use

This topic is 4523 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Im looking at those game engines like Dark Basic,FPS Creator, 3d Game Creator and the likes.. They all seem to cost around 50-60% Im wondering if anyone has used any of these game engines game creators. What im looking for is one that has little programing experience and the ability to create your own graphics, Like character models, Weapons, Levels and etc. Any help on the topic would be great

Advertisement
"What im looking for is one that has little programing experience and the ability to create your own graphics, Like character models, Weapons, Levels and etc."

You'd probably be better off with a mod?

Yeah, gfx & sfx & stuff is all great, but you need programming skills to create a game. Without a programmer there's no program, y'know. ;)

Even modding requires programming (aka scripting) to go beyond the primitive.

Just find yourself a coder friend and cooperate. There are loads of indie coders around that suffer from lack of artists.

Im a newbie.. whats a MOD?
Or is that like taking a game thats already made and modifying it.. Like design levels and stuff.
I did that with the only Jedi KNight 2 for a couple months but nothing recent.

Yes.
I suggest Unreal Tournament 2004 if you're just starting, its really easy and painless to import characters. Also, Valve Source is a good one. But pick a game similar to what you are interested in.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!