• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paint Package

This topic is 6305 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok. I''m a programmer, so I don''t have a clue when it comes to paint packages. I am looking for a program that will allow me to edit the Alpha Channel. Paont Shop Pro 6 ''kinda'' allows me to do this but it appears to be 1 bit deep. I need at least 8 bits. Many thanks in advance D.V. -------------------------- Carpe Diem

Advertisement
In PSP6 use layers (adjustment layers). You can change what kind of effect the layer has to suit your needs. To change the way a layer behaves go to the layer pallet and clik on the square to the right of the layer you want to change. You can have it do whatever you want it to do: brighten, darken, multiply, overlay, divide, difference, exclude, etc...

1 bit deep alpha? What are you doing in PSP6?

For alpha, PSP6 uses Mask. You can edit mask, load mask from another image, save mask to alpha, etc. It''s all in the mask menu.

Thanks for the input. I''ll try your suggestions.

I have been using ''Save into Alpha Channel'', this ''appears'' to generate a 1 bit alpha channel.

Thanks, D.V.

D.V.

--------------------------
Carpe Diem

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!