Dinosaurs and Evangelism

Started by
1,475 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 17 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by Sandman
T-Rex ate watermelons!

Yer link's broken. I fixed it in the quote.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Machaira
Quote:Original post by wahoodra
Since I'm sure you couldn't miss the Christian & Jewish
Creation Myth (Genesis) in the list, your acknowledgement makes my hearth rejoyce.

Come now, surely you realize that I don't consider Genesis to be a myth. You're not going to be that silly are you? [rolleyes] Do I really need to state that it's the exception in that list?!? Geez.

Then please again answer my original question, this time honestly. You said "just what they say", but the list doesn't make any exceptions: all items are called myths.
Quote:
Quote:Original post by wahoodra
Now, could you explain what does the word myth mean to you? In general, or in our context, make your pick.

Dictionary.com pretty much sums it up, for whatever good it is.

I think the 1.a. definition fits in our context:
Quote:dictionary.com
A traditional, typically ancient story dealing with supernatural beings, ancestors, or heroes that serves as a fundamental type in the worldview of a people, as by explaining aspects of the natural world or delineating the psychology, customs, or ideals of society: the myth of Eros and Psyche; a creation myth.

Perfectly applicable to the creation myth from Genesis.

"Dawn is a tramp." Dusk.
Quote:Original post by LessBread
Quote:Original post by Marcus Speight
Certainly now there are. But Genesis 1:30 says that all animals were vegetarian in the beginning.

So the digestive tracts of predators were instantaneously changed over when they became carnivores rather than herbivores?

No, no, God changed them. Because if they admitted that this happened, then they must also admit to the truth of Evolution too. Which they can't.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
Quote:Original post by Sandman
Quote:Original post by LessBread
Quote:Original post by Marcus Speight
Certainly now there are. But Genesis 1:30 says that all animals were vegetarian in the beginning.

So the digestive tracts of predators were instantaneously changed over when they became carnivores rather than herbivores?

T-Rex ate watermelons!

EDIT: fixed link (thanks ravuya)

What the fuck?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.
No citations at all? Very scientific.
Nope [grin]
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
But it spawned 3 more threads based on the same subject. So I think you just started an intellectual revolution on GameDev. Congratulations.

In all seriousness, I've learned alot and taken in many viewpoints. So I say thank you for opening the opportunity to broaden my knowledge: spiritually, religiously, scientifically, and socially. Cheers!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement