• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BBB

Dinosaurs and Evangelism

This topic is 4646 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I once isolated my pinky toe in a time-warp nexus, and I watched it age in hyperspeed from fleshy digit to crumbling ash. 900 years later (9 minutes in real-time) it evolved into a small star.

Advertisement
This guy owned the evolutionist wackos.

Atheists don’t even know how many animals were brought on the arc or how big the Ark was! LOL! How can they say there were to many animals!
Ownage!

There was no Oxygen, but the rocks absorbed it!
Ownage!

Everyone used to live for 900 years and Reptiles keep growing.
Ownage!

Quote:
Original post by ManaStone
Didn’t the Daily Show play a clip from the guy making some kind of argument about how we don’t see anyone make a watch and we didn’t see god create us, therefore god must have created us?

Poking around google, it appears that Lewis Black has some choice things to say about Hovind: Evolution, Shmevolution, Part III

I also found this clip,
">Ali G versus Creationists, featuring Hovind, which should be funny.

Um, yeah, Ali G takes the conversation in strange directions. [lol]

14 minutes, before my conscience told me to close it; here is the transcript.

Thevenin: Hi Thevenin
Me: Hi!
Thevenin: Your big bang theory sucks more then my God theory.
Me: Who says I believe in the big bang theory?
Thevenin: Your an athiest...
Me: So...
Thevenin: So... Kent Hovind says since your an athiest you believe in the big bang!
Me: Kent Hovind is an idiot.
Thevenin: Why are you watching his show then?
Me: Good point.

Once I saw the name Kent Hovind, I resolved to never watch that video in the course of my natural life. I've heard this guy ramble on all too much in my time -- unfortunately, my father is a fan of good 'ole Kent, and I used to be mercilessly subjected to these lectures.

Bummer! According to Examining "Dr. Dino", It should be noted that many of his fellow young-earthers consider him to be an embarrasment and that many of his arguments can be found in Arguments we think creationists should NOT use published by the young-earth creationist organization Answers in Genesis.

Well it's interesting and surprisingly well thought out. He does take some liberties with the facts (but who doesn't). Interesting take on dinosaurs and dragons.

2 hours of that is way too long though.

@Sandman, Fruny, Mattman, and Thevenin: 40 minutes and 45 seconds.

I love the fact that he argues that the National Geographic writer didn't ask every person who ever lived before stating that no one has ever seen a dinosaur, then proceeds to state the fact that only 3% of the Earth is inhabitable. This sounds like it could be true, but by the man's own logic, he'd better get some boots and a backpack and start surveying every square inch of this planet before he can be sure.

Using an "empirical data only" epistemology puts you at the level of an infant whose world disappears when they close their eyes. For a grown man to do that is just dumb or hilarious, but for a "doctor" to use it as a double standard against dissenters shows you just how desperate this man is to retain his beliefs.

As you can see, I only made it a few minutes in before stopping. I keep hoping that the Creationism side of the debate will come up with some real arguments one of these days, but I continue to be disappointed.

Quote:
Original post by DaWanderer
I love the fact that he argues that the National Geographic writer didn't ask every person who ever lived before stating that no one has ever seen a dinosaur, then proceeds to state the fact that only 3% of the Earth is inhabitable. This sounds like it could be true, but by the man's own logic, he'd better get some boots and a backpack and start surveying every square inch of this planet before he can be sure.

Actually by the that logic, the good Doctor has effectively annhiliated every religion and respective Deity in Earth's history. Guess why.

I did some research a while ago. Hovind is a nutjob who makes Jack Thompson look sane.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!