assert reached when compiling a wrong script

Started by
4 comments, last by kunitoki 17 years, 10 months ago
if you try to compile this with an empty engine in 2.7.0 wip (without registering any functions or classes):

void testFunction ()
{
 Assert@ assertReached = tryToAvoidMeLeak();
}

an assert is thrown in as_compiler.cpp line 6127 and a lot of memory leaks follows. i came up on this running a script without remembering to explicitly tell the engine to register some specific plugin's functions and classes; was a mistake after all, but would be nice to tell the user is doing something wrong, not crashing his current session ;/
Advertisement
Indeed. I'll have this fixed as soon as possible. Thanks. :)

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I've just committed the fix for this assert hit to the SVN (rev 38).

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Probably related,

but then I register a class, and I try to call a member function which does not exists, I also get an assert.
Sounds like it is the same problem. Would you mind giving the new version a try to see if the problem persists?

nice one. that fixed it ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement