• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DirectXer

Code Snippets for VC++ 2005 Express

This topic is 4430 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone, I just saw the VC# 2005 Express Edition and the Code Snippets. They insert some choosen parts of code by typing the shortcut name of the snippet and pressing Tab. I am very fascinated, 'coz that can simplify programming a lot. So I tried to find out how to use those with VC++ 2005 Express, but Im afraid I found nothing, although VC++ 2005 _has_ a code snippet manager. Do u know, if there's a way to use code snippets with VC++ 2005? I will be glad if so, thx in andvance

Advertisement
I'm affraid I will answer somthing different than what you expected, but are you talking about pressing CTRL + SPACE (auto completion) ?
If you aint, just nevermind what I just said :p

Janta.

You might want to ask on the microsoft forums, but I expect this, like most of the other macro support and plugins, is missing in the express editions.

Ok, thank you

I have a simple reason for this: I describe every class method as follows:

#pragma region Constructor
/// <summary>
/// Here we create all things we need during the game
/// </summary>
CPlayer()
{
// some commands...
}
#pragma endregion // Game's starting, prepare things we are going to need

in my IDE these XML Tags are highlighted and coloured. The thought I got was to insert that "/// <summary>..." with a shortcut key, so I had the idea that I could use Code Snippets. Is there any other way to do so? ( Copy'n'Past excepted )

Greets DirectXer

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!