• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Doggan

Database w/o Server?

This topic is 4516 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a fair amount of experience with MySQL through PHP - I've coded numerous database access systems (logins, forums, etc) using this. For a standalone application that wants to store it's information in a database, what is the procedure? MySQL requires a server running in the background (localhost) for the database to be accessable. I am obviously missing something. Do I need to embed a server in my application? Is there a non-mysql solution that doesn't require a server? (I'm doing this in Python. Currently I use the MySQLdb Python binding). edit: it seems there may be some Microsoft database type solution to this. I am developing on a Mac, though, so I would like to avoid that o_O

Advertisement
That seems like it will work perfectly. Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Unlike client-server database management systems, the SQLite engine is not a standalone process with which the program communicates. Instead, the SQLite library is linked in and thus becomes an integral part of the program.

Also there's a nice python binding - pySQLite

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!