• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kixdemp

How do I learn to draw 2D tiles and sprites?

This topic is 4495 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone! I believe I have enough skill to code a basic RPG game, such as Final Fantasy or Breath of Fire... But I don't know how to draw! I really don't want someone else to make them for me, because honestly, I suck at getting along with people due to social phobia... So, do you guys know any place that teaches basic 2D graphics drawing? Thanks! Another question by the way: Will this be too much for just 1 person?

Advertisement
if you want to make a rpg rpgmakerxp or gamemaker could save you a lot of time

Quote:
Original post by Kixdemp
I really don't want someone else to make them for me, because honestly, I suck at getting along with people due to social phobia...

I would get over that, not just in the interest of programming (although I promise you that will be the best way to get art for your project). I would guess the best way to get over a 'social phobia' is to go out and learn not to be socially awkward by meeting new people, or friends-of-friends if you're not ready for the former yet. Oluseyi probably has an enormous speech about this but I don't.

That said, you are probably looking for learning how to make pixel art. Good luck!

Edit: Bad closing tag on the quote.

Damn... I was expecting something like "Forget it, you can't draw, you suck", but instead I got tutorials and infromation! Thank you all!

Quote:
Original post by Frequency
I would get over that, not just in the interest of programming

Oh man... Believe me, I've tried, but I just can't... (I said the same thing about learning C++ before, so who knows!)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!