How do I learn to draw 2D tiles and sprites?

Started by
3 comments, last by Kixdemp 17 years, 10 months ago
Hello everyone! I believe I have enough skill to code a basic RPG game, such as Final Fantasy or Breath of Fire... But I don't know how to draw! I really don't want someone else to make them for me, because honestly, I suck at getting along with people due to social phobia... So, do you guys know any place that teaches basic 2D graphics drawing? Thanks! Another question by the way: Will this be too much for just 1 person?
Advertisement
if you want to make a rpg rpgmakerxp or gamemaker could save you a lot of time
Quote:Original post by Kixdemp
I really don't want someone else to make them for me, because honestly, I suck at getting along with people due to social phobia...

I would get over that, not just in the interest of programming (although I promise you that will be the best way to get art for your project). I would guess the best way to get over a 'social phobia' is to go out and learn not to be socially awkward by meeting new people, or friends-of-friends if you're not ready for the former yet. Oluseyi probably has an enormous speech about this but I don't.

That said, you are probably looking for learning how to make pixel art. Good luck!

Edit: Bad closing tag on the quote.
It only takes one mistake to wake up dead the next morning.
Scroll down to the bottom and you'll find links to a whole bunch of tutorials

I've seen people link to a good rpg sprite tutorial that used to be in gamedevs articles section but the site seems to have moved.

Edit: and here it is
Damn... I was expecting something like "Forget it, you can't draw, you suck", but instead I got tutorials and infromation! Thank you all!

Quote:Original post by Frequency
I would get over that, not just in the interest of programming

Oh man... Believe me, I've tried, but I just can't... (I said the same thing about learning C++ before, so who knows!)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement