Sign in to follow this  
shoe

C++

They have different purposes. C++ is a full blown programming language, and a very complex one at that. Actionscript is a scripting language used for scripting Macromedia Flash movies and applications. So like izhbq412 said, its pretty much apples and oranges.

Maybe you should be more specific with your question, and also please try and be more descriptive with your thread titles.

C++ is power!!!!
ActionScript is annoying!!!!!

if you intend to only develope fairly simple web games or apps then go with ActionScript.

If you intend for traditional apps and more professional game control, go with c++.

Quote:
C++ is power!!!!

At the cost of ease of use.

Quote:
ActionScript is annoying!!!!!

...Depending on your personal opinion.

Quote:
If you intend to only develope fairly simple web games or apps then go with ActionScript.

Or if you want to be concerned about the 'making a fun game', part of game development.

Quote:
If you intend for traditional apps and more professional game control, go with c++.

Or if you want to be concerned about the 'memory management', part or game development.

I'm not saying C++ is evil. I'm just saying its not the solution to everything. Action script can't be used for non-flash games, but seeing as this is a game development forum, I assume you are referring to making games. C++ is used by quite a large number of professionals, but that doesnt mean everybody should use it. Choosing a language should be about making an informed decision based on the facts.