• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

simfan

DirectX SDK 3.0

This topic is 6452 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having great trouble finding the DirectX 3.0 SDK. I downloaded DirectX 8 which is the latest, but it pops up a screen saying that since I am using NT I should get 3.0. But I cant find it ANYWHERE! Can someone please tell me where to get it? Also version 7.0 if you know.

Advertisement
I found it!! Its tucked away on the microsoft site - well, version 7 is anyway. Version 3 I still can''t find.

Thank you for the offer MatrixCubed.

Simfan

Hm the DX3 SDK came with Visual C++ 5.0
I''m sure I can find it but I''m not sure if it''s legal to send it to you. Hmm.

I''ve also got the DX 6.1 SDK but that won''t help you in WinNT .

- JQ
Infiltration: Losing Ground
"You just don''t understand. Guys have to be immature and stupid. It''s some biological thing. It helps us hunt and gather and stuff." -Nazrix

Yeah I'm not too happy about microsoft's policy of just throwing out old stuff. If I want old stuff, I should be able to get it. I don't like them making that decision for me.

BTW, I have VC++5 tucked away somewhere, so that'll give me the DX3! Its just that I never knew it was there in that. Thanks Jonny.

Edited by - simfan on February 16, 2001 3:00:55 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!