Sign in to follow this  
Nokturnal

NMAKE - SDL_gfx

I cant seem to figure out a way how nmake works. I want to use the SDL_gfx lib, but the site only contains project files. The lib file which i require at linking is missing. Here's what the readme says:
Quote:
Howto compile a SDL_gfx DLL on Windows with VisualC: All that has to be done is drop the makefile in the SDL_gfx dir and type "nmake". This assumes the VisualC environment variables have been set up, which can be done with a batchfile named vcvars32.bat in VC's bin dir. There is no install target since it is never clear where things can be found on Windows...
Well i am a plain dolt , and i cant seem to figure it out still. I have set the environ variables during the installation of VS 6 itself. Any help is appreciated.

Well have you tried the instructions?
I don't have VC 6 but I gathered you could do this from the instructions:
There should be a zipfile called visualC6 inside the package, and in there a file called makefile. Copy this to the directory where you have unpacked the SDL_gfx thingy, open a prompt there and type nmake. The documentation on nmake says it can figure out that you want to build with the makefile it finds in that directory.

I did follow the instructions as given , yet i am facing a error message.
Just to be clear ,i pasted the makeke file which gets extracted by visualC6.zip into the directory where the original lib was extracted. On reaching the path by cmd prompt ,and giving the command as just nmake , i get this message.
Quote:

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 6.00.8168.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

makefile(12) : fatal error U1035: syntax error : expected ':' or '=' separator
Stop.

I am either doing something wrong , or maybe my environment is not set up properly.