Sign in to follow this  
BornToCode

Child Not Resizing along with Parent.

This is in Win32, but if anyone knows how to do it in mfc as well that would be fine. So the problem is that i have two windows. One is the parent and another one is the child of that window. Ok the problem that i am having is that when i move the parent the child moves along with it fine and smooth, but when i resize the parent the child are not being resize along with the parent. So i am wondering if there is a flag in the CreateWindow function that i have to used in order to do this.

Quote:
Original post by BornToCode
This is in Win32, but if anyone knows how to do it in mfc as well that would be fine. So the problem is that i have two windows. One is the parent and another one is the child of that window. Ok the problem that i am having is that when i move the parent the child moves along with it fine and smooth, but when i resize the parent the child are not being resize along with the parent. So i am wondering if there is a flag in the CreateWindow function that i have to used in order to do this.

Reword if what kuphryn said is unclear: you have to resize your child in your parent's WM_SIZE message handler.

Regards,