Hidding the mouse

Started by
5 comments, last by TheC00L1 17 years, 10 months ago
I made my own mouse pic, so how do i hide the mouse in directx 9? This might not have to do wit directx 9, but i wasn't sure.
A wiseman once said nothing, but no one was there to hear it.
Advertisement
ShowCursor(FALSE); will do it.
Sw33t!!!!! Thanx!
Ummm... there's only one problem, when i switch to full screen, it displays the mouse again, why?
You should also set your hCursor member of your WNDCLASS[EX] structure to NULL, so Windows won't mess around with the cursor. That should help (I think).
If you're using the DirectX framework, the mouse cursor is re-initialized (or something like that) when you switch to fullscreen.
I guess you just have to re-do the SetShowCursor(false); after you switched to full-screen (using this command in the OnResetDevice() callback would work I think)
Quote:Original post by paic
If you're using the DirectX framework, the mouse cursor is re-initialized (or something like that) when you switch to fullscreen.
I guess you just have to re-do the SetShowCursor(false); after you switched to full-screen (using this command in the OnResetDevice() callback would work I think)

Yeah, i tried that one, no working, but thanx

Quote:
You should also set your hCursor member of your WNDCLASS[EX] structure to NULL, so Windows won't mess around with the cursor. That should help (I think).

Yep, windows stopped messing around with cursor, thanx!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement