Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Koder

Voice Recognition Idea!!

I thought of an easy way that they could have voice reconition in games so say in a Madden 2006 game, they could pronounce you hard to prounce last named charactor: First, they would have a database pretty much of easy words to pronounce such as oak, vannilla, ice , paul, wall, grills and such (Not to go crazy on the Paul Wall stuff)! Than, the player would type in say the Quartebacks last name that you just made. (say his hard to prounounce last name is juefiche prounounced 'jew-fish'), the user would then press start and see if the computer is capable of recognzing the name (lets say it can't). The user must user simple words by syllable to make the name prounounceable, for instance he types in as the first syllable jeu as 'jew' and sees if the computer can recognize it and sounds right, then it does the second syllable fiche to 'fish' and does the same walah it prounounces juefiche as it is,'jew fish'. What do you think, seriously? ~Mad_Koder

Why not have the user just train the system by saying the name?

EDIT: oh, are you talking about speech recognition, or speech synthesis?

Quote:
Original post by Sneftel

EDIT: oh, are you talking about speech recognition, or speech synthesis?

I am talking about speech recognintion, because football games cant recognize a lot of lasts names.

Quote:
Original post by Mad_Koder
I am talking about speech recognintion, because football games cant recognize a lot of lasts names.

So this is for users of the game to select players on their team by saying those players' last names into the microphone?

Mad_Koder, you keep saying speach recognition, but that doesnt seem like what you are talking about doing.
Recognition would be that you can talk to the game and have it select the charactors from the roster.
This means that just training it would be the fastest way to deal.

Synthesis is more like what you are saying. Where the game can't seem to say the people's names correctly from the written version.
This is mostly due to phenomes not having perfectly strict rules for association with letter combinations.
All you really need for your system is a set of accented charactors that you can place into words to force something like a soft e's in juefiche.
And then have the accented letters just not appear outside the voice synthesis input boxes.

Yeah, I'm not so sure that you have the correct term. Either way, I understand what you are saying, but I'm not sure that's its worth the time to worry about it being able to say your last name. I just don't think that idea will really sell the game to people, IMO.